In the late 1980s when the NHS ran Tetbury Hospital it was threatened with closure. The people of the town raised over £1 million to ‘buy’ the hospital. Tetbury Hospital Trust Ltd was set up as a charity to run the hospital for the benefit of the people of Tetbury and the surrounding district in 1992.
At the same time The Friends of Tetbury Hospital came into being with HRH The Prince of Wales as its Patron to act as the fundraising arm of the Hospital. The Friends play an important part in providing the Hospital with new equipment and facilities.
We deliver the best care to local communities and our services are available through the NHS e-Referral System which is available in all GPs throughout the Country. Referrals can also be made by an optician or dentist.
We provide a comprehensive service and have excellent relationships with the local NHS Trusts and other Independent Sector healthcare providers to ensure seamless patient care
To deliver the best in care
Our Charitable Objective
To provide integrated, seamless healthcare for the people and local communities we serve that is safe, effective and centred around the patient.
The hospital has 6 key values which underpin everything we do as an organisation. WE CARE
• Welcoming to patients, carers, visitors, staff and stakeholders. Embracing diversity and delivering services to meet individuals needs
• Efficient and effective in everything we do
• Charitable, ensuring the organisation is well led and governed appropriately and our status as a registered charity is maintained
• Accountable for our actions, acting with integrity and openness at all times. Celebrating what we do well and learning from our set backs
• Respectful of our patients, visitors and staff at all times, treating them with dignity and listening and supporting them
• Excellence is the standard we strive to achieve
- Patient Information leaflet Sept 2015
- CMA declaration