Senior Operating Theatre Healthcare Assistant
ROLE: Senior Healthcare Assistant
HOURS: 25 hours per week
BAND: 'S' (NHS '3' Equivalent)
HOURLY RATE: £11.70 - £12.48
CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY NOW!
Tetbury Hospital Trust have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Healthcare Assistant to join our Established, Caring Day Surgery Team on a permanent basis for 25 hours per week.
We are an engaged Day Surgery Unit comprising of an Operating Theatre, Procedure Room, Anaesthetic Room and first and second-stage recovery areas.
Our dedicated team run Day Surgery Cases on a variety of NHS and Private Patient specialities.
The main responsibility of the Senior Health Care assistant will be to assist our team of Nurses and OPDs in providing excellent care in an efficient, patient focussed and professional way.
The role holder should be able to demonstrate clear transferable skills valid to a healthcare setting, and be passionate about delivering excellent care.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work on their own initiate, or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to priority tasks.
- A flexible, positive and self-motiving attitude to work.
- Experience in a HCA or equivalent role.
- NVQ 2 or 3 in care or a relevant subject and/or equivalent experience.
- Established skills in Phlebotomy, ECG observation, taking patient samples and taking patient observations.
- Pay in-line with the NHS Agenda for Change
- Enrolment into THT Pension Scheme, or continuation of NHS Pension.
- Starting Holiday Entitlement of 27 days (plus bank holidays), increasing to a maximum of 33 days (plus bank holidays) with service.
- Bonus Scheme
- Free on-site parking
About the Trust
Tetbury Hospital is an independent healthcare provider in the heart of the Cotswolds providing an established day surgery service to patients who choose to have their NHS surgery at Tetbury. The hospital is highly regarded by our visiting consulting body who provide a wide range of specialities including ophthalmic, general and gynaecological surgery.
The primary focus of the hospital is the NHS services we provide across our outpatients, day surgery and minor injury and illness unit. In addition to our NHS funded services, we offer private health care to insured or self-pay patients. Tetbury Hospital Is a respected partner in the Gloucestershire health and care system and valued by staff and patients for the high quality, personalised care that we are proud to offer.