Due to the popularity and growing demand for our newly commissioned vasectomy service we are now looking to recruit a medical practitioner to join our team on a part-time basis.
If successful you would deliver one virtual consultation clinic and one operating list a month, and when required, subject to availability, cross cover our existing surgeon Mr John Henderson, Consultant Urologist. A minimum of 40 vasectomies a year should be undertaken to remain accredited to deliver the vasectomy service.
This opportunity is open to GPs who are already competent in no-scalpel vasectomy and hold one or more of the following:
- Competency certificate gained following training with a General Surgeon or other specialist training provision
- Diploma of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (DFSRH) of the RCOG
- Certificate in Local Anaesthetic Vasectomy of the FSRH of the RCOG
- Diploma from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (DRCOG)
- Certificate from the British Association of Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) Sexually Transmitted Infection Foundation (STIF) course
- Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning from the Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare and have a certificate in Local Anaesthetic Vasectomy surgery
- Member of the British Association of Non-Scalpel Vasectomy (BANSV)
If you are interested please contact Mrs. Zena Dalton Chief Executive by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a suitable time to discuss this position further.
Please note, medical practitioners are appointed via the Trusts practicing privileges process and will be granted a license to practice. This is an NHS service and all the Trusts NHS activity is indemnified by CNST. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU