Emergency Nurse / Care Practitioner
Emergency Nurse Practitioner/Emergency Care Practitioner
Department: MIIU Department
Salary: £32,214-£38,922 / £39,955-£45,708
Recruitment Bonus: £500 to new employees
An opportunity has arisen for an Emergency Nurse/Care Practitioner to join the team at Tetbury Hospital on a permanent basis.
Tetbury Hospital Trust is a growing independent healthcare provider in the heart of the Cotswolds and we are looking for an Emergency Nurse/Care Practitioner on a permanent basis to support our Minor Injuries and Illness Unit. If you’re passionate about delivering high quality patient care and want to be involved in shaping the minor injuries unit to serve our local community, we want to hear from you! You’ll be part of a committed and supportive team with the opportunity to continue your professional development.
The Minor Injuries and Illness Unit is currently open Monday to Friday from 8.30 – 4.30. We can offer full-time or part-time hours up to 37.5 hours per week, depending on the right candidate’s availability. The Hospital offers staff benefits which include pension scheme or continuation of NHS pension scheme, plus an annual bonus scheme. We are passionate about the delivery of high-quality effective care and if you think you have the right skills and experience, we’d welcome an informal visit to the hospital which can be arranged by contacting Sarah Taylor (Matron) firstname.lastname@example.org or Sonia Whitehouse email@example.com.
To find out more about the hospital, please visit our website
About the role
Our Minor Injury Unit was successfully upgraded on the 1st April this year and is now a Minor Injury and Illness Unit to better support the needs of our local community. The successful candidate will be assessing, diagnosing, treating and discharging patients autonomously working alongside a triage nurse. You’ll be ordering investigations, interpreting results and making onward referrals where appropriate. You’ll be responsible for providing an excellent standard of patient care and health promotion to the general public accessing urgent care services in Gloucestershire.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate for this role will:
• Be a registered Nurse or Allied Health Professional with a relevant clinical degree or equivalent experience.
• Have a relevant post Registration Qualification, i.e. Emergency Nurse Practitioner, Emergency Care Practitioner or equivalent.
• Hold a Teaching and Assessment qualification or relevant experience at level 3
• Be a non-medical x-ray referrer and have up to date Calrad/Irmer
• Have attained Resuscitation Level 3 adult and children and completed safeguarding adults and children at the appropriate level
It is desirable but not essential that a candidate will also:
• Hold qualifications in Minor Illness Management and/or Minor Illness in Children.
• Hold Non-Medical prescribing
• Have evidence of managing training or equivalent experience
The Next Steps
To find out more about this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this vacancy go to NHS Jobs https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/917285576
Closing date 31.08.22