Day Surgery Nurse
Day Surgery Nurse
Level I (Band 5 equivalent)
Hours: 22.5 per week
This is a great opportunity to join our clinical teams in this exciting time of change as we pride ourselves, our staff and our services on excellence.
Tetbury Hospital Trust is a charitable organisation which serves the Town of Tetbury and the surrounding local area and is based in the Gloucestershire countryside. We are a growing business and everything we do is about putting people first, whether that be delivering exceptional care and support for our clients or providing growth and development opportunities for our team.
We have 1 operating theatre undertaking a wide range of procedures in Orthopaedic, Podiatric, Ophthalmic, Urology, Gynaecology, Oral Surgery and General Surgery. We also have a newly commissioned procedure room in which we provide the services of Hysteroscopy and Urology.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To take responsibility for individualised patient care, acting as the named nurse within own team, using the recognised model of nursing.
• To ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records and be aware of the legal implications of these documents.
• To ensure confidentiality of patient or employee records always.
• In accordance with the Clinic’s Data Protection policies
• To promote safe practice and professional conduct.
• To encourage good working relationship with the multidisciplinary team, to ensure effective delivery of individualised care and treatment of patients
Skills & Experience
• Registered Adult Nurse with up to date NMC registration
• A minimum of 2 years post registration.
• Experience within the Day Surgical services setting.
• To have knowledge of the specialties we provide.
• To demonstrate high standards of clinical practice in acute and fast-moving surgical environment.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. At Tetbury Hospital Trust, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
To find out more about this vacancy please contact Sarah Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01666 501755.
The closing date for this role is 5pm on the 25th September but it may close early if a good response is received, therefore early application is encouraged.